Saturday, July 14, 2007

Disneyworld and Epcot


Today we (my California friends and I) went to Disneyworld and Epcot. Disneyworld was a lot of fun. Rode several rides, but the best 2 were - Pirates of the Caribbean and Mickey's PhilHarmagic. I even rode "Splash Mountain" without getting scared!

At Epcot we had lunch in "Morocco". Then waited in line forever at "Soarin". I can hardly believe I went on that ride, which involved sitting in a seat that became a hang glider and gliding over California. After that ride, my California friends adopted me as an honorary Californian. It was well worth the wait!

We just got back from "Downtown Disney" where we ate in an Irish Pub and did a little shopping.

Get to sleep in a little tomorrow and then it is off on the shuttle bus to the boat. And then it is time to work! We'll be getting together with our teams and start working on our projects.

One really cool thing I found out today - 40 of the people here are "Leadership Teams" for DEN. That means they host events and keep their state's blog going. So, I was one of the 10 chosen after those people got in. I better work hard to live up to that!

I now have a goal - to start a Leadership Team in our state for DEN with two other DEN members. How about it Mary? Got any ideas who might help us in this? Maybe Dan from Abilene???

2 comments:

Karla Murray said...

Just checking in. We start our 2nd summer institute tomorrow morning. I know you are wishing us well.

Can't wait for you to share!

GtownCowboy said...

Take care of that macbook 8^)